Monday, December 7, 2009

Yes---we did have Thanksgiving

By VERY popular request (actually, Shawn asked that I post something new so that he had something to look at other than Tim pulling that face every time he pulls up my blog) I am going to go ahead a finally post about our Thanksgiving.

Ya know----since Shawn was the one asking for the new post, I'll put his pic front and center so that his mug will be what we see every time we pull up the blog.

Carve that turkey Buster!
We were treated to dinner at the Buster and Tiffany's this year. Tiff knows how to put on a fine spread. But I do believe that Buster made sure that the football game sat at the head of our Thanksgiving table.
Tiffany was a very gracious hostess and let me express my crafty side with kids, so after dinner we made Christmas count down calenders.






Thanks Shawn and Tiff and Bren and Chase for a great dinner and a fun afternoon!

I've never hid the fact that one of the reasons that I married Tim was that my family always celebrates Thanksgiving in the afternoon and his family celebrates in the evening so if my timing is right, I get to double dip on Thanksgiving.
And double dip I did!! As soon as we finished off at Shawn and Tiffs we busted a move on down to the Senior Lafittes for Round Two of Thanksgiving Dinner.
Timmy took this picture of his dad's head. I'm not sure if he was trying to see what gave off the shinier glare--his dad's head or the crockpot........We haven't see Tim's sister Cathy and her kids for a long time so I made sure to get pictures of everyone. So for those of you who also haven't see the kids in a long time, here they all are:
Tim's sister Cathy on the left, Cathy's biological sister, Jenna in the middle and Cathy's daughter, Lina who is Lydon's age (17) is on the right.
This is Cathy's other daughter Jessica (15) and her boyfriend Chris (16)
And last but not least, this is Cathy's son Kevin who is a year younger than AaronI know that it has been a long time since anyone from my side of the family have seen these kids. I can't believe how much they have grown and how much they have changed. (and I gotta say that I am a little bit jealous that Jessica's 16 year old boyfriend has that much facial hair--what the heck!??!)
After all that that food and fun, we weren't done.....we still needed to have a cousin sleep over, fully equipped with Chef Aaron cooking eggs and pancakes for breakfast and a little morning game of Apples to Apples to finish the holiday off right.

No comments: