Sunday, September 13, 2009

How I spent September 11th

This past Friday I did something very spontaneous, very unlike me, very outside of my comfort zone. I bought myself a ticket to the "Just for Her Women's Fair" at Weber State. I went all by myself, I rode the shuttle bus, I went to some pretty fun workshops, I made friends with everyone that sat next to me and I totally surprised myself.

My first class was about gratitude with Sister Stephanie from Ogden Regional Hospital. Sister Stephanie is a sweet little lady that totally reminded me of my Grandma Ruth so much that it made me cry a little when she talked (she's even from North Dakota like Grandma Ruth).
I learned how to make lotion and bath salts.
I learned how to find my happy place.
I learned how to make meals on the go.I learned how to gather up my girlfriends.
I got to watch a bunch of make-overs (one was even a girl from Morgan)
I made this watch
and the best part was walking off with a bag full of goodies.

2 comments:

How to Make Lotion Instructor said...

Wow, that's an awesome way to spend Sept 11, it sounds like you had a better day than I did.

The Frost's said...

It sounds like you need to "Gather up your Girlfriends" and share in the wealth of the lotion, bath salts, watches and meals on the go!! Sounds like a fun GNO!!!(hint hint)