Sunday, April 5, 2009

18 Years! 18 Years!



This is what Tim and I were doing 18 years ago.




To commemorate the eighteen years that Tim has put up with me----I mean 18 years that we have been married I give you the top 18 facts, memories and reasons why I love Timmy.


18. How we met: It was 1989 and I was working at Old Farm Market. The Trapper's Loop road was just finished and opened and Tim was working at Snowbasin. He stopped in at the Market one day after work. I sold him a burrito and the rest is history.
This is a copy of the newspaper from the opening of Trappers Loop. The little white paper is a cash register receipt that one of my Old Farm co-workers saved from Tim's purchase. The little yellow post-it notes are from my mom letting me know that a guy named Tim called. Twice :)



17. Our first date: We ate at Pizza Hut and saw the movie "Uncle Buck". He talked and talked and made me laugh the entire time. I was pretty uptight back then (I know--hard to believe) and it was the first time I felt someone was able to make me feel comfortable being with them.

16. Our first kiss: In front of the Pie Pizzeria in Salt Lake. I was so sick but didn't want to pass on a chance to go on a date with him. He took me to The Pie in Salt Lake. He pulled up in front of the pizza place and said "Can I share your cold?" to which I replied with a major snot-snort "-huh? I don't get it". And then he made his move.


15. The first time he told me he loved me: At the car wash at the Triple Stop in Layton. Nothing says "I love you" like hot wax and a rinse cycle.
This is a picture of Tim at the actual I love you car wash. It was taken the day we got home from our honeymoon. He's washing my mom and dad's car, which they let us borrow for our trip.


14. Our cheezy song: "Close to You" by the Carpenters. We were fighting (go figure) and he just started singing that song which made me laugh. So naturally we had to have that song played at our wedding.

Close to You

(they long to be)
Why do birds Suddenly appear?
Everytime you are near?
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you
Why do stars
Fall down from the sky?
Everytime you walk by
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you
on the day that you were born
The angels got together and decided
To create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moondust in your hair
Of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue
that is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

Woo... close to you...


13. My favorite Timmy moment (besides the traditional wedding day and birth of our children moments): We were buying this house we live in now. It was a little over ten years ago. We were sitting at the closing table and were having some sort of hang up with the builder/owner of the house. We just weren't making any head-way and Tim told the closer man "Look-this is supposed to be the happiest day of her life and all I know is she is about to cry. Fix it." And fix it they did!!

12: My favorite funny Timmy moment: When we started going out, I brought Timmy home to my mom and dad's house. Tim and I were sitting at the kitchen table and my mom was sorting laundry just off the kitchen. Each time Tim would turn his back to my mom, she would hold up a pair of my underpants from the laundry and swing them around her head. When he would turn back around to face her, she would drop my unders and continue sorting like nothing happened.
11: He use to let me follow him around and take his picture
10: He used to let me take pictures of the two of us together
Until I caught him pulling this face---
9. He's got front row tickets to the gun show. Hello muscles! 8. The story of my two wedding rings. This is my original wedding ring. We were young and in love and POOR when we decided to get married. We used my tax return money to but my ring. If I remember correctly, this ring was on clearance at the jewelry store. It was described as delicate (translation: cute and little). But hey, it did the job. As we left the store I picked up a jewelry store catalog and took it home. I found my "dream ring" in the catalog and tore out the picture and stashed it in my jewelry box. This is the actual picture that has been sitting in my jewelry box.
Seven years ago, on our eleventh anniversary, Tim took this ratty little picture out of my jewelry box to the jewelry store, found the ring and bought it (for way more than the 1990 price of $699).How sweet is that!! And that is why I have two wedding rings.


7. We ended up with these two!
Dang--we made some mighty good lookin boys! Good for us!!
6. He makes me laugh. Hard. All the time. He has a wicked (translation: naughty) sense of humor and he makes everyone laugh.
I even admitted recently that one day, in the parking lot of Shopko, while I was pregnant, he cracked a joke about the baby monitor that we just bought that caught me off guard and made me laugh so hard that I wet my pants. Yep--wet my pants. That is how funny he can be.

5. He lets me run the channel changer. He patiently sits by while I watch my five hours of DVR'ed Young and the Restless on the weekends. And let me tell you...he can do one heck of a Victor Newman impression.
My favorite place is home, on the couch, with some Costa Vida, watching Y&R, Cops and every single show on HGTV with Timmy.

4. He's the smartest guy I know. About seven years ago he decided he wanted to be a fireman when he grew up. He worked his way though training all the while holding down a full-time job, supporting me in my political aspirations and took care of our young family. He got on with the Ogden Fire Dept in 2003 and was named their Rookie of the Year. The department then sponsored him to attend paramedic school. He graduated in2006 and was named Outstanding Student in his class.


3. He has a heart of gold. He has a such a good, loving relationship with his mom and dad. He would do anything for them. He has been hoping and wishing that he could move them to Morgan so that they will be closer to us and it looks like that dream just may come true.
2. He takes such good care of me. I lost my mom and both grandmas within 18 months and he has been so supportive. He made sure I made it through all of that in one piece. And he lets me spend as much time as I need with this crazy crew. It has meant the world to me.
And the #1 reason:
I just can't get enough of this guy
Through thick and thin, better or worse, sickness and health, rain, sleet and snow, I've spent half my life with you, Timmy and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Happy anniversary.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I think that's just about the sweetest, cutest, most loving tribute ever ! Here's to many many more wonderful years for you two !!

Love ya !

SHIRLEE said...

Wow you are awesome when it comes to the memory and blogging thing. I feel very inspired after reading all about your 18 years together. You are very lucy to have each other. Many Many more happy years to come.

Luv

Shirlee

Anonymous said...

Gosh,Stace....this blog is so awesome. I need a tissue...I love seeing pictures from the 'early years'! Happy Anniversary!


Roxanne